Thursday, December 07, 2006

Have You Ever Bought Something Cheap Because It Was A Little Faulty?

Everyone has their little quirks in life, don't they?
Some people are short.
Others have a dicky eye.
Some people have a lisp.
Even perfect beautiful people.
The new James Bond guy is a mumbler.
Tom Cruise is insane.
David Beckham married a scarecrow.
Imperfections in an otherwise flawless checklist.
Like I said - everyone has their little thing.
Several years ago I was fishing with some friends on the North Sea.
My line was snapped up by something rather large and a struggle ensued.
After an hour of toil I finally managed to haul my catch to the surface.
It was a large seal!
I don't really like the taste of seal too much so I reached for my knife to cut the line.
In the confusion I leaned too far forward, the seal saw his chance, bit off my head and made fast his escape.
I cook.
I clean.
I put the toilet seat down.
But I don't have a head.
To make people comfortable I have had a prosthetic head made.
It's been designed with a smile, so no matter how bad your day will have been, you'll always return home to a loving grin.
Perhaps there is an angel out there who can see past my disability and learn to love me despite my deficiencies.
Hope to hear from you.

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Doe said...

This is... different. And believe me, I know about "different" stories. But I like it...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home